What is the effect of servo encoder accuracy and resolution on the servo speed loop?
Second, the speed volatility is affected by the following factors
(1) The encoder's limited resolution and velocity loop period (the lower the resolution, the longer the cycle time, the greater the speed fluctuation).
(2) Poor encoder installation can cause low frequency periodic fluctuations in the encoder feedback.
(3) The cogging torque fluctuation of the servo motor also causes low-frequency periodic fluctuations under the speed loop.
Third, the conclusion
(1) In practical applications, the effects of speed cycle fluctuations caused by factors such as limited resolution of the encoder, installation and servo motor manufacturing are more important than pure speed accuracy, and engineers need to consider the above factors in their use.
(2) The means to reduce the volatility of the speed can be selected by selecting a high-resolution encoder, shortening the speed loop period, improving the accuracy of the encoder installation, and reducing the cogging torque compensation function provided in our servo system. The effect of speed loop volatility prevents vibration and noise from occurring in highly dynamic applications.